Yesterday I had very intense day of training, so much so that around 18h when I laid down for few minutes in bed, it took 1 hour to get up, so nice it was to feel all muscles relaxed. So, I was craving for some muscle pain and definitely I have it today…
So Morning Crossfit training had two parts:
1) time challenge, 6 rounds of:
-20 wall balls ( increased my weight to 16 lbs) however during 4th round my knee started really hurt, so i changed wallballs to power press with two dumbells of 20lbs. That was physically muh harder than wallballs, especially because dumbells require independent muscle coordination for each arm. But made it:)
-15 push ups
-10 pull ups ( made first round unassited, then used elastic band to help myself pull up, I still work to understand dynamic pull ups, cause mine are super static and slow. Elastic band help to knack the movement of the back)
-5 high bix jumps. I had standard box with 3 45lbs weights on it. I actually did not know that I can jump that high as I always rhought that my jumping sucks:))))
Completed round in 19:48.
1) ABS time challenge of maximum 12 mins to complete it. I got really excited about that cause I was missing some work for abs and thought that I should train them more, so, i got what i asked:
3 rounds of:
– 20 v-sit tucks
– 20 russian twists w/16lbs ball
– 20 v-sits
– 20 supermans ( I actually don’t get this exercise. I suppose it should strenghen back, but for me it is super boring an I really dislike it. Probably because I dont feel any challenge, as climbing developed my back muscles really well)
– 20 toes to bar. That wad hardest part. Especially holdin on the bar after all these pull ups. My palms were screaming 🙂
So, i completed it in 11:13. Felt proud of myself. And my abs are thanking me today:)
After this I decided to head to climbing gym as there are many new routes, but I took it slowly as I already went to climb Sunday, so my finger tendons were still hurting and palm skin sore from Crossfit. Therefore, i concentrated more on climbing difficult routed that require a lot of mental and power concentration. My goal was jot to finish routes, but work on technique, plus I want ti keep my level routes for libger period, so that I still would have what to climb to boost my confidence when I will get tired on hard routes. The effects of this training i can feel on my back 🙂 i like coming to climb during the day when you can just relax and climb, not being annoyed by others getting into way.
I finished my workouts by walking baxk home, it is around 5km. But hey… I needed cooldown and plus it’s spring…
Talking about new eating habits, i really changed my way of indulging myself. Before it would be white bread with nutella, now peace of really dark chocolate does the job, or my zone muffins, or glass of wine with cheese, or berries. Or even beetroot salad :))))
I found an amazing recipe that I midified with Jamie Olive recipe and got beetroot salads, that were soo good:
– 4 mini beetroots ( fresh)
– 1rippen pear or sweet apple
– 1 oz of low fat feta cheese
– some crumbled walnut halves ( I used 5)
– couple cups of spring greens. I used ruccola and baby spinash.
1 tbsp EVOO
1 tbsp Lemon juice
1/2 tbsp on macadamia nut butter
Mix all ingredients together.
For salad peel beetroots and cut onto match sticks. Peel and core pear ir apple. Also cut into matchsticks. Crumble walnuts and feta cheese. You can also add raisins or use them instead of feta, but for me it is too sweet. Add greens and dressing. Toss everything together. Serves 2. But Keven is definitelly not a fan of beetroot, so he did not try the salad. However, i was more than happy to eat it all by myself:) maybe it was my lithuanian blood calling for beetroots and giving some taste of childhood beetroot soup or salad :)))
Anyways, that was a great ending of the day…