Yesterday when I was in a gym, I found out that for September there will be free classes in gymnastic, strongmen and weight lifting, so I got all really excited about that, especially because I was complaining all the time about my lack of technique. Seems like my complains were heard of in some sense and I will have a chance to improve. But that also means, that it will be much more pressure for me to handle all the training, dividing time for extra classes, outlaw training and regular crossfit classes, plus I decided from this week on to add some skill work to my part. I took this idea from one blogger from Denmark and hopefully it will make me stronger. She is doing that every week, I believe since the beginning of the year, so I will copycat it, as before Crossfit I had no idea about training and now I want to get as strong as possible to have a good appearance in the Open, then hopefully regionals and then, if I will be really really good and strong….who knows…maybe The Games. But for now, I will just do all that is in my power to get myself as good as it gets.
Weekly skill plan looks like that:
|MU (banded or not)||25|
|Bar MU (banded or not)||25|
|DU x 50 reps||6|
|Handstand walk 50”||3|
|Kipping C2B PU||10|
And….today is Thursday and I still have tone left to do and I don’t know how I will incorporate swimming, but I will try though. As for my past training days, they were nice. Monday workout I already posted, so you know how it went with “Diane”. Tuesday I had my Outlaw training and started working on my skills, which I will post here to make sure I am following up myself 🙂 For Outlaw I had to establish a 1RM Back Squat, which ended up being 185#. I tried couple time 205#, but went too much down and could not get up. I could count it, if I would not care about making sure that my ass is below my knees 🙂 But I did take “a walk” with 245# :).
Conditioning part was:
1. 1 minute max. effort (ME) burpees: 22
2. 1 attempt ME unbroken Muscle Ups: 2 (with band and it was super hard to connect them)
3. Run 1 Mile: 7:25min. (Yey….my new record…I get faster and faster each time when I run, but I usually don’t run, so it’s bad).
Yesterday I had my Crossfit training and Outlaw Training. This time I decided to make Outlaw training before, because it always require so much strength that I don’t have anymore if I make Crossfit class before.
Outlaw training Tuesday:
- 15 minutes to establish a 1RM Bench Press. Made 150#, which is my body weight, so it is highest weight so far that I pushed with my arms. Super happy about that. Though it was a funny process. Because I reached 135lbs in first 5mins. and then just strugled to get more weight and kept failing. Tried to take longer breaks, nothing worked. One minute left, gave last chance with 140#. Took deep breath, concentrated and got it. Got super excited, took 145# and made it, then took 150# and made it. I went overtime though, but that’s not that important. For first time I used my climbing breathing and concentration technique for weightlifting and it worked!
- 15 minutes to establish a 1RM Weighted Strict Pullup. Notes: The pullup should begin with a 3 second pause with the arms fully extended, hanging beneath the bar.Made 35# with 15# vest and weights added all around. Tried to get 50#, but failed 🙂
- box jumps 60cm/~24″
- slamboat rope
- Push press@75#
- Power Snatch@75#
I almost wanted to cry, but I learned to make 10 push press in a row pretty well and to make 5 snatches unbroken and really fast, so that was good practise day.
Today was supposed to be my rest day, but I went for gymnastics class as I mentioned at the beginning, because I just want to take all that I can. I got to practise muscle up swing, which I never knew exactly how to make and also some handstand of the wall and some nice warm up exercises. That was super nice and inspiring 🙂