I did workout in the morning again. It was super hard to wake up in the morning and get out of bed, especially when I saw that it was snowing at night….I still use my bike, so I had doubts whether I would be able to go with it or not….I turned off alarm and decided to stay in bed…but little guilt was creeping in, because I had french course at 9a.m. and after that I had meeting for help in job search and so….whether I would be going before french class or not go at all….and I already took day off on Monday….Guilt won and I was out of bed, getting ready to go with bike. That was fun and I realized that it is time to start using winter boots, because my feet were frozen…and I need better gloves….other than that, no accidents whatsoever…
I did Outlaw Monday training, which I missed and I loved it.
1) Snatch: 10X1 @ 80% – rest 30-60 seconds. @90#, no misses…went really nice and smooth…concentrated a lot on technique.
I posted video of me doing Snatch@90#. Any critique is welcome….
2) Clean & Jerk: 10X1 @ 80% – rest 30-60 seconds. – @115#. felt too easy…wanted to go higher, because kept over pulling, but at the same time my jerk is far from being nice and perfect….
5 Bar Muscle-Ups
9 Hang Squat Clean to Thrusters 135/95#
7 Bar Muscle-Ups
7 Hang Squat Clean to Thrusters 135/95#
9 Bar Muscle-Ups
5 Hang Squat Clean to Thrusters 135/95#
Result:16:22min. Took long to go from treadmill to crossfit room for bar muscle ups, the to weightlifting room for hang squat clean to thrusters, then again to the treadmill, but overall it was nice workout.
Of course I was baking again…..How else it could be? And….as always…or at least almost always I get inspiration from PaleoOMG website 🙂
- 1/3 cup pecan meal
- ½ cup applesauce
- 4 dried medjool dates, pitted or 10-12 regular dates
- ⅓ cup Coconut Oil, melted
- 3 tablespoons Coconut Flour
- 4 eggs
- 2 tablespoons raw honey
- 1 heaping tablespoon cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- ½ teaspoon baking soda
- ½ teaspoon baking powder
- pinch of salt
- 5 apples, cored and diced (I used honey crisp)
- 2 tablespoons Coconut Oil, melted
- 3 tablespoons almond butter
- 2 tablespoons honey
- 2 tablespoons coconut milk
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- ½ teaspoon vanilla extract
- pinch of salt
- 3-4 tablespoons coconut sugar
- Preheat your oven to 375 degrees.
- Let’s get your toppings started early. Place a tablespoon or so of coconut oil in a large skillet over medium heat.
- Add your diced apples to the pan, mix around, then cover to help soften your apples.
- While your apples are cooking, make your dough for cupcakes.
- Add your pecan meal, dates, honey, applesauce and coconut oil to food processor and puree.
- Then add your eggs and vanilla extract, and puree.
- Lastly add your coconut flour, baking soda and powder, cinnamon, and salt and puree until all incorporated.
- Grease your donut pan and pour in your donut mixture half way up (to keep room for your topping on top).
- Now finish off your toppings. To your apples that have been sauteeing up, add your coconut milk, almond butter, maple syrup, cinnamon, vanilla extract, and a bit of salt. Mix well.
- When your toppings are well combined, pour 1-2 tablespoons of your mixture onto each cupcakes, sprinkling each with a bit of coconut sugar.
- Place in oven for 30-35 minutes until cooked through.
- This made 12-15 cupcakes.
Hilarious song and brilliant commercial….
I decided to take day off on Monday because I just did not feel like training at all. I had really intense 3 days of training, so I decided to follow my body…
Did just Outlaw…but anyways….conditioning was tough…
1) 5X1 3 Position Snatch @ 75% (low to high) – rest 60 seconds, DEMO VIDEO – 85#. Nice and smooth, tried always to get squat snatch,no always successful…
2) 5X1 3 Position Clean + 1 Push Jerk @ 75% (low to high) – rest 60 seconds – 115#. Too light…
2) 5X3 Front Squats (3 count pause on 1st rep) – heaviest possible, rest 60-90 seconds. – 135/145/155/165/170#. Started with lighter weight to get really comfortable in bottom position for 3sec. count and then was just checking until where I could go up…for 170# though back started to be round 😀
2 min ME Row for Calories – 37kcal.
-rest 1 minute
4 min AMRAP of:
15 Pushups (hand release)
RESULT: 4 rounds +1 Pushup
-rest 1 minute
4 min AMRAP of:
15 Jumping Squats 45#
RESULT: 3 rounds+9 squats ( I couldn’t imagine that squats will be hardest part – they were just killing and burning and I thought that they would be really easy. Couldn’t have been more wrong….
-rest 1 minute
2 min ME Row for Calories – 32kcal. (longest 2mins. ever….could not wait until this torture will finish)
I did an early training!!! I woke up at 6:15a.m. to do training before my classes, so it was short and intense….Short still took me around 1,5h to make :))))
1) Every 45 seconds for 5 minutes:
1 Power Snatch + 1 Hang Power Snatch @ 70% (of max Snatch any style) – 80#. Super nice and easy….it feels so good to do something without getting frustrated.
2) Every 45 seconds for 5 minutes:
1 Power Clean + 1 Hang Power Clean @ 70% (of max Clean any style) – 105#. I already forgot what it means to clean so light And I did not even had to push jerk, which recently has been my nightmare and I need to work a lot on it….So, I was super happy that I did not have to jerk at least once…
1a) 4X3 3 Stop Snatch Pulls – heavier than last week, rest 45 sec. DEMO VIDEO – 155#, 2×175#
1b) 4X5 Hang Clean Hi-Pulls – heavy (BB should rise to chest height – elbows above bar), rest 45 sec. – 3×115#. That was actually harder than I thought initially that it would be: tried to use the same weight as for snatch pulls and absolutely failed, then tried to use 125#, but could not pull it to my chest from hang position, so had to readjust myself again and go with 115#.
1c) 4X5 Split Press – heavier than last week, rest 45 sec. DEMO VIDEO – 75#, 85#, 95#. Decided to go lighter at the beginning, because Sunday that felt really hard, checked video this morning and saw that my position was far from perfect.
Row: 4X500m – rest 2:1 – 30 burpee penalty for every set that deviates +/- 5 sec. from the fastest set. As I already ran Sunday, this time chose rowing 🙂 Times: 1:52min, 1:55, 1:54, 1:57 + 30 burpees penalty.
Run: 4X400m – rest 2:1 – 25 burpee penalty for every set that deviates +/- 5 sec. from the fastest set.
Swim: 7X50m – rest 3:1 – 20 burpee penalty for every set that deviates +/- 5 sec. from the fastest set.
Then…I decided to check my back, because everyone were telling recently that I look very cut 😀
I will continue posting my workouts, because it is useful to keep track, just haven’t decided whether I will do it every week or every day….Go with a flow. As today is Sunday, I am gonna post what I have done all this week.
1) Snatch: 3X1@85%, 2X1@90%, 2X1@95%, 2X1@90%, 3X1@85% – rest 30-60 seconds.
2) Clean & Jerk: 3X1@80%, 2X1@85%, 2X1@90%, 2X1@85%, 3X1@80% – rest 30-60 seconds.
115/125/130 (failed 1st jerk)/125/115#
Then I did not have time for outlaw conditioning, especially because it involved rope climbs and the gym was busy, so I was made box wods. First one was a killer and I almost started to cry…
15mins. on a minute:
- 3 hang power cleans@55kg (125#)
- RESULT: 61 cousins in total.
5 rounds for time:
- 6 box jumps@70cm
- 6 chest to bar
- RESULT: 4:14min.
1) 7X1 Snatch off Boxes (just above knee) – heavy but perfect, rest 60 sec.
2×95#/100/105/110(failed)/105/110(failed). This exercise I tried to make with split snatch, because I find it ward to go under the bar and split already puts in much lower position. Liked it.
After that worked on speed and technique of split snatched, so made 3x5reps@75# and 2x5reps@90#.
1) Back Squat: EMOM for 5 minutes – 2 reps @ 85% – 195#
These are Low Bar Back Squat. Percentages should be based off your most recent 1RM Back Squat of any style.
2) 7X2 1&1/4 Front Squats – heaviest possible, rest 60 seconds.
Did not train, had dodgeball game in the evening, so kind of active rest.
Official day for Outlaw rest. Took it as well as did not feel good.
1) Every 15 seconds for 5 minutes (21 total reps):
1 Banded Deadlift @ 60% Bar Weight + 25% Band Tension.
Made Deadliftd@185# with purple band. That was my first time to make banded deadlifts.
Notes: All reps must be performed with the hips (ass) in contact with the bench.
Take off 155#, so got:
1×8@110#, 1×5@115#, 1×5@125#, 1×3@145# (failed last rep), 1×3@155#.
3 rounds for total reps of:
1 min ME Burpee Over-the-Box Jumps 24″ (touch on top required) – 11/12/11
1 min ME C2B Pullups – 5/6/6
1 min ME DB Ground to Overhead 50/35# – 22/20/23
*Rest 1 minute.
5 min alternating BB TGU 95/65#
Notes: This should not be performed for max reps. Keep technique clean and move smoothly through each rep.
Managed to make just 2 reps with right arm and 1/2 (just stood up, did not managed to go down) with left arm. Super hard to keep balance of the barbell, it requires so much concentration.
- Squat Cleans@ 3/4 BW (115#)
- Strict Pull Ups (RX)
- DB Military Press@35#
TIME: 17:40min. RX. It was challenging to keep going and last HSPU took quite long time, as arms were feeling really tired.
- 50Deadlifts@80kg (176#) for time.
6 rounds (RX if with 22#vest):
- 30 mountain climbers (each leg)
- 20 box jumps@60cm
- 10 ring rows
- RESULT: 13:34min. RX. (it was very annoying to make it with vest, because it kept opening every few movement).
Tabata style: 8 x 20″/10″
- Row . RESULT: 759m.
- Wallballs@16#. RESULT: 76reps.
20 minutes to establish a 1RM Snatch.
WODs before totally sucked me up. In snatch managed to get up till 100# and that’s it. (15# below PR)
20 minutes to establish a 1RM Clean & Jerk.
Totally did not feel like doing it, had no motivation at all, made just to face myself. Went up to 130#. (15# below PR).
2 min ME Front Squats @ 80% – that was 16reps@150# for me.
*Rest 2 minutes.
10 min AMRAP of:
15 Power Snatches 75/55#
RESULT: 4 rounds+8DU.
*Rest 2 minutes.
2 min ME Front Squats @ 80% – 12reps@150#.
As I did not do OUTLAW workout wednesday, decided to do it today as well as work on my skills.
- 30 Sit-ups
- 30 push ups
- 30 supermans
- 10 pistols (alternating)
1) Every 30 seconds for 5 minutes:
1 Power Snatch @ 80% (of max Snatch any style) – 90#. First reps were a bit sketchy, all rest, no problem.
2) Every 30 seconds for 5 minutes:
1 Power Clean @ 80% (of max Clean any style) – 120#. Very light weight, probably because this week had to do many same weight cleans.
1a) 4X3 3 Stop Snatch Pulls – heavy but perfect, rest 45 sec. DEMO VIDEO
1b) 4X5 Pendlay Rows – heavier than last week, rest 45 sec. DEMO VIDEO
4×90#. Hardest was to make first set.
Run: 4X800m – rest 1:1 – 25 burpee penalty for every set that deviates +/- 5 sec. from the fastest set.
Notes: All work should be at approximately 90-95% RPE.
+50 burpees for penalty (transferred them to skill section)
- 15 burpees (last round made 20)
- 50 Double Unders
- 10 T2B (kipping)
- 20 Dips
- 400m row
- 8 bar Muscle Ups (made 9 first round)
- 20 Butterfly Pull Ups (made just first round)
Plus 2×1.5min. handstand.
As for my Weekly Plan of Skills it stands like this:
Oh….wow…it’s been long time since I have been blogging, two months….and it’s not that I haven’t been training or cooking or learning something….I have been doing all of it and even more and that might be the reason why I did not have that much time to blog or I just did not force myself enough…But I am back and I have what to share….
Since my September training, I did improve on my olympic lifts and lost it again :))))
My snatch is still the same: 115#, but I got 145# on clean and jerk and 150# on clean. Now I totally lost my jerk and I am very unwilling to do it and I have hit so many times my chest while cleaning that sometimes I just back up, even though I know that I can actually hit big numbers. I am just scared and have to work work with it….
My Front Squat increased to 186# last time when I checked, my Back Squat is 230#, My 5RM OHS is 120# and max. 130#. Bench press:165#. I have to say that I feel much more comfortable working with strength exercises than barbell….Maybe because in strength you have less chances to be hurt :)))
I still don’t have my muscle up, but it is very close….I am able to make few chest-to-bar, but I can’t connect them….I still work on my bar muscle-up and kipping toes to bar…
My endurance increased a lot, probably because I do Outlaw training minimum 4 times a week, usually 5 and then I do box workouts about 3 times a week, ideally after Outlaw workout. So, I work out 5-6 times a week, on average 2 hours a day 🙂
All in all, I am moving forward towards my goal but it is far from being accomplished. Even though usually I dominate in my box and almost always hit leader board, I am far from that when I check how others are doing in Outlaw. It’s like two different worlds that I live in…In one most of the time I feel like looser (except conditioning and sometimes strength part) in the other I am leader 🙂 I need both of them….
My course is going really well….I have improved my french a lot and now feel quite comfortable using it every day. I started talking with Keven in french as well, at least 50% of the time 🙂 It also includes course on job search, so we are writing our CV, motivation letter and preparing for interviews in french and getting to know Quebec job market.
This obviously will require separate post, but I have been trying out some new recipes. Obviously desserts are a must, but I do have some food recipes up in my sleeve.
My little Nora became already a bog dog and started her first heat. Now she is much more calmer and we gonna start doing some training courses with her. She already knows a lot of commands that I have taught her, but I want to have it perfect and maybe participate in competitions some day, so I want to make sure that I put all effort in training my dog, especially because she will be around us at least 10 years and will see our children growing 🙂 Here is the picture of her getting ready for winter 🙂