Of course I was baking again…..How else it could be? And….as always…or at least almost always I get inspiration from PaleoOMG website 🙂
For the donut
- 1/3 cup pecan meal
- ½ cup applesauce
- 4 dried medjool dates, pitted or 10-12 regular dates
- ⅓ cup Coconut Oil, melted
- 3 tablespoons Coconut Flour
- 4 eggs
- 2 tablespoons raw honey
- 1 heaping tablespoon cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- ½ teaspoon baking soda
- ½ teaspoon baking powder
- pinch of salt
For the topping
- 5 apples, cored and diced (I used honey crisp)
- 2 tablespoons Coconut Oil, melted
- 3 tablespoons almond butter
- 2 tablespoons honey
- 2 tablespoons coconut milk
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- ½ teaspoon vanilla extract
- pinch of salt
- 3-4 tablespoons coconut sugar
- Preheat your oven to 375 degrees.
- Let’s get your toppings started early. Place a tablespoon or so of coconut oil in a large skillet over medium heat.
- Add your diced apples to the pan, mix around, then cover to help soften your apples.
- While your apples are cooking, make your dough for cupcakes.
- Add your pecan meal, dates, honey, applesauce and coconut oil to food processor and puree.
- Then add your eggs and vanilla extract, and puree.
- Lastly add your coconut flour, baking soda and powder, cinnamon, and salt and puree until all incorporated.
- Grease your donut pan and pour in your donut mixture half way up (to keep room for your topping on top).
- Now finish off your toppings. To your apples that have been sauteeing up, add your coconut milk, almond butter, maple syrup, cinnamon, vanilla extract, and a bit of salt. Mix well.
- When your toppings are well combined, pour 1-2 tablespoons of your mixture onto each cupcakes, sprinkling each with a bit of coconut sugar.
- Place in oven for 30-35 minutes until cooked through.
- This made 12-15 cupcakes.