Today I went to Crossfit training and it was nice to be back after a bit more than a week of break. The reason why I chose to take a break was, because I did not wanted to get cold as I though that all workouts, due to gym reconstruction, would be only outside and it was raining almost all week. But, finally I managed to get there and for the first time I got there by my bike, which is an excellent way to make a warm-up.
Todays WOD consisted traditionally of 2 WODs which were both time challenge. I have to say, that I am happy to announce that even though I don’t like running, I don’t suck at it and I run pretty fast, well, at least comparing to the the others today as we all started at the same time and only couple guys were faster than me. For me it is a great encouragement, because I always thought that not only I don’t like running, but I also suck at it. Yuppy!
WOD1 – 3 rounds of:
- 400m run
- 20 KB tappers (35lb)
- 30m burpee broad jump (come back by running backwards)
- 30 squat (35lb)
it was really hard to run after making 30 squats, but even though I did not start being fastest, I needed up finishing first, though, of course, guys had 53lb kettle bells, so it does not mean that I am strongest :) My time was 17:38 min. and the guy after me finished 17:39min :)
WOD2 was3 rounds of:
- 10 push press (I had 85lb)
- 20 wall balls (16lb)
My time was 5:33min. This time I wasn’t the fastest, but still I was pround of making it really fast. And I have to admit that riding a bike made my legs even stronger, because I was surprised how easy it was to make 16lb wall balls, when before I was always kind of struggling with them.
That was my workout of the day which I really enjoyed. Tomorrow plans for some yoga (in the park there will be over 350 yogis doing yoga session tomorrow, so I plan to join them, though I haven’t practised any yoga since Barcelona) and defence wall rock climbing as it is at the same park :)
- WOD 18th May (followmyself.wordpress.com)
- home WOD3 AND WOD 4th May (followmyself.wordpress.com)
- WOD 14th May (followmyself.wordpress.com)
- WOD 30 April and new favourite post-WOD meal (followmyself.wordpress.com)
- WOD 21st of May (followmyself.wordpress.com)
- Weekend WOD – Saturday, 9 June 12 (poseidoncrossfit.typepad.com)
- Traveler’s WOD – CrossFit Anytime Anywhere (crossfit-himalaya.com)