I was willing to bake something and Keven pointed out today that our apples are going bad, so I decided to seize the moment and do something with apples. Of course, I have my favourite apple fritters muffins recipe that I love and could eat all the time, but also wanted to try sometihing new.
I went to check on PaleoOMG website to see if there are some ideas that I could use. I took her Morning Glory Nut free muffin recipe, twisted a lot and got my own version of Paleo Morning Glory Muffins. They came out very nice, feel a lot sunflower taste and misses a bit sweetness, so if you have sweet tooth, I would advice to put at least 3 TBSP of honey, but if you are trying to limit sugar then keep initial 1 TBSP.
Here comes the glorious recipe for 12 muffins:
- 2 apples, peeled and cored, grated
- 1 large or 2 medium carrots, peeled ir grated
- ½ cup almond butter
- 1 cup sunflower seeds
- 3 eggs, whisked
- ½ cup Walnut Oil or Coconut Oil(melted)
- ¼ cup dried apricots or any toher dried fruits of your choice
- ¼ cup pecans, roughly chopped
- 1 tablespoon cinnamon
- 1 tbsp Chocolate chips (Enjoy life) -optional
- 1 tablespoon raw honey
- ¼ teaspoon baking soda
- pinch of salt
- Preheat your oven to 350 degrees.
- Toast sunflower seeds over medium heat with 1TBSP fat. I used regular olive oil, but you can go with coconut oil. Make sure that you don’t burn seeds, so keep mixing very frequently.
- Grate apples and carrot to a bowl and add almond butter.
- Then add your roasted sunflower seeds to the food processor and puree until you get a flour/meal.
- Then add your sunflower seeds flour, eggs, walnut oil, honey, apricots, chocolate chips, pecans, cinnamon, salt, and baking soda. Mix well.
- Pour your batter into muffins tins. I lined my muffins tin with silicone muffin liners but paper would do just fine.
- Bake for 25-30 minutes until cooked through.
- Let cool slightly, but but best to eat them warm. ENJOY!
- Paleo Apple Fritter cupcakes (followmyself.wordpress.com)
- Paleo Banana Muffins (cavemanmodernwoman.wordpress.com)
- Ginger Muffins (ontotheplate.wordpress.com)
- Paleo Breakfast Muffins: The Autumn/Winter Edition (cakesandshakes.wordpress.com)
- Saturday Morning: Banana Nut Muffins (paleovoyage.wordpress.com)
- Paleo Is As Paleo Does (queensweat.com)
- Raw Apple Muffins! (klling.wordpress.com)