Time cap: 35mins. Made it in 26:37mins.
- 60 box jumps (23″)
- 2 rounds of:
- -12 thrusters (95lbs)
- -24 slam ball (10kg)
- 40 box jumps
- 3 rounds of:
- – 6 Jumping deadlifts (95lbs)
- – 12 pull ups
- 20 box jumps
- 4 rounds of:
- – 3 clean and jerk (95lbs)
- – 6 burpees (tuck) that tuck was a real killer 🙂
Then I did some stretching and some rowing. Thought about doing second training, but did not feel ready. Decided to check the Front Squat maximum with bottom rock position. Got 145lbs. Tried 155lbs, could not stand up, then tried 150lbs, still could not stand up, so left with 145lbs that would be around my body weight.
Then in the evening decided to make Outlaws training at home, which is not most convenient as I have very limited variation of barbell weights that would be: 25#, 35#, 55#, 65#, 85#, 95#, 115#, so have to go around with what I got. It was hard training 🙂
1) 1 Snatch (from floor) + 1 Hang Snatch (just above knees) EMOM for 7 minutes @ 85% then rest 2 minutes. – Tried to make with 85lbs, but could not get hang snatch and I am scared to drop barbell down as the floors are wooden and we are renting apartment, so stuck with 65lbs.
2) Perform single Snatches (no hang) @ 90%, 95%, and 90%. Rest at least 2 minutes between reps and allow for no more than 3 misses total. Made 85lbs, 95lbs, 85lbs.
3) 1 Clean (from floor) + 1 Hang Clean (just above knees) + 1 Jerk (after the Hang Clean) EMOM for 7 minutes @ 80% then rest 2 minutes. Used 95lbs.
4) Perform Clean & Jerks (no hang) 3X1 @ 90%. Rest at least 2 minutes between reps and allow for no more than 3 misses total. Tried 3 times with 115lbs and missed. I am sure that in gym I would have made it pretty easily, but at home there is no dropping from top, so just sucked my pride in and moved to next part.
1b) 3X8 Shoulder Press – heaviest possible, rest 60 sec. 65lbs.
Run, Swim or Cycle for 20 minutes (choose one, preferably your weakest).
As I don’t like running, this is what I chose and decided to invite Keven for a run, especially because he used to run a lot. I made 4km in 20mins, which I consider to be improvement since my last long distance running which was 3miles and took me 28:22min, so it means that I run faster, even though I don’t run, except in WODs.