I decided to switch to training 6 times a week and basically I had kind of training all the days. I have my crossfit training classes 3 times a week and had a big dilemma whether I should pay more and get unlimited classes, but then again, I can come to the gym any time and make my own training, plus I do have some weights at home, so I decided to experiment so far and see how it will be going. I have been doing some workouts from “Give them Cold Steel“, also taking a look at “Outlaws” and still checking “Gymnastics WOD”. I am still all over the place,because can’t decide which I want to follow as you can’t make everything. “Give the Cold steel” is followed by Michele Letendre which placed first in regionals of my side of the world, so I am interested in comparing myself with her and see where I stand. On the other hand, Elisabeth Akinwale is being coached by “Outlaws” and she did an amazing job in the games, so I am inclined to follow whoever is the strongest. I would like to have a real coach, but I don’t have money for that, so I will just try to figure out the best way to deal with my training and see where it will lead. If I would pass to regionals next year, then I still would have time to get some serious coach and hopefully correct my weaknesses.
As for the week: Monday, Tuesday, Wednesday went to my Crossfit training, Thursday made training from other box in Quebec, because I wanted to compare myself with them and then went for endurance swimming at night (5min. swim, 2:30rest; 6min. swim, 3min rest, 7min. swim), Friday I made endurance training from Crossfit.com that included running (10x400m. run with 2 min. break in between), Saturday I went for a long hike with my dog and learning snatch technique and today I made Annie (50-40-30-20-10 double unders and sit-ups. Time: 12:40min. Have to cut it in half 🙂 )
I don’t remember what was the training on Monday, though I do remember one part of it, it was:
- 50 pull ups
- 50 push ups
- 400m run
- I don’t remember what was the time cap, but I know that I made 2 rounds and that my palm were destroyed 🙂 I am working on my butterfly kipping which is so much faster than regular kipping, though I still have to work on making sure that my chin is over the bar. My goal is to be able to make 30 in a row without stopping, as for now I am at around 15, so loads of room to improve.
Tuesdays warm-up was 10min. of double unders and I finally managed to connect double unders and not to have single in between. I was so so happy when I finally got it, because now it is just about increasing number of repetitions rather than learning how to make it.
Tuesday WOD (time cap 30min), my time 17:16
- 30 KB squats (53lbs)
- 15 HSPU (for the red we had to make them on parallette, but I am not there yet, so made hand on the ground). It was first time that I was making so many HSPU in a row and I made them kipping, which was a great practise, glad that learned kipping HSPU on Saturday 🙂
- 10 Toes to Bar (still working on kipping technique of Toes to bar, still not there yet)
- 20 KB Squats
- 15 HSPU
- 20 T2B
- 10 KB Squats
- 15 HSPU
- 30 T2B
That was a challenging workout, especially last round of HSPU, I had really concentrate and push myself.
Wednesday WOD1 was called “No escape” and I really pushed my strength abilities with time cap 30mins. I did not finished on time, felt short last 30m. :
- Thrusters (115lbs). My max. power clean before was 115lbs, and now I had to clean in, squat and go overhead. It was super hard, like really hard, I could make one rep at a time. The after first 12, the next ones I was doing with 105lbs, because it was so hard and my technique sucks 🙂
- Release burpees
- Pull ups
- 60m. dumbbell snatch lunges (30lbs each hand). These lunges were draining psychologically. It was really hard to keep hand overhead and I could not lunge more than 15m. at one shot.
Even If I hadn’t finished this workout in time, I was really happy that I made those 115lbs thrusters and when I was pushing a lot with lunges.
Then little short WOD2 for finisher (AMRAP 6min):
- 12 box jumps (26″)
- 6 power snatch (75lbs)
- 60m. shuttle sprint
I made 3 rounds, just because I love box jumps, and 75lbs is not heavy weight for snatches, so I could make all 6 in one shot.
Thursday WOD I took from other box, because the result were already published, so I had what to compare myself with and I did really good 🙂
8 rounds of:
- 10 OHS (55lbs), could have gone heavier, but wanted to work on my technique rather than heavy pushing.
- 15 release push ups
- 20 V-sits
- My time 15:36, so I beat their fastest in 20secs. 🙂 I know it is vanity, but I like to compete and compare myself. How else we gonna improve? 🙂
Tomorrow heading to the gym, planning to make Diane after training if there won’t be HSPU involved in WOD and to work on ring and/or bar muscle ups.