Yesterday I felt really excited to see what will be a WOD of today from Outlaw and once I hit the gym and started doing my workout, I felt like shit. Literally, no power in me, footwork horrible, wanted to quit few times, finished it though.
1) 7X1 1 Hang Power Snatch + 1 Power Snatch + 2 OHS as fast as possible – heaviest possible, rest 60 sec (exactly). Notes: This should be performed as a complex. Do not drop the bar between movements. The OHS should be down and up for both reps without hesitation.
Result: 2×75#, 4×85#, 1×75#. I felt really weak doing these, especially because last time I was making 95# hang snatches. However, I did not go up from 85#, because I wanted to make sure that I am stable while doing OHS. At least that was my PR for OHS and it did not feel that hard.
2) 7X1 1 Hang Power Clean + 1 Power Clean + 2 Push Jerks – heaviest possible, rest 60 sec (exactly). Notes: These should be UB reps, if you cannot perform them UB then lower the load.
Result: 4×95#, 3×105#. For last one I tried to make 115#, but failed on jerk, so went back to 105#. Did not feel strong and having much power at all. At beginning was even struggling a bit with 95#, so continued with that weight till felt stable and concentrated. Not best day for Oly.
5 rounds for total reps:
- 1 min AMRAP of:
- 5 Over the Box Jumps 24″
- 10 KBS 32/24kg
- 5 Over the Box Jumps24″
- 5 Thrusters 95#
- *Rest 1 minute after each round.
- RESULT: 105reps. That was fun workout…hardest part is to clean barbell after making jumps when you try to catch breath and motivate yourself to do that while you see on the clock 10secs. or less left.
1a) 3X10 “Strict” Weighted GH Raise – heaviest possible, rest 60 sec. (no swing, start from a position parallel to the floor)Result: 10#, 25#, 25#
1b) 3XME Hanging L-Hold – rest 60 sec. Result: 13secs, 11secs, 10secs.
After that I took little break, then decided to work on my skills and made 3 rounds of:
- 15 ring dips (used thinnest elastic band)
- 30sec. handstand.
Then, I thought that it would be time to make Blackbox challenge as obviously I would not be able to make it tomorrow as I will be having 2 workout anyways. This week challenge was for Muscular Endurance to make 100 bench press 85# for time. RESULT: 10:48min.
Overall, todays mood wasn’t the best, because I want to push more and I am still struggling with so many details, like putting elbows up fast when making clean, being stable doing snatch, using explosiveness for jerks and so on. So, probably for me best would be to use advice of this poster 🙂